A technology to grow, impact
In participating in the development of our technology, you can join the revolution leading to a sustainable society. As investor, collaborator or supporter you can contribute to our vision.
Bloom maximizes the usage of plant material with cutting-edge science.
The patented mild lignin extraction method uses stabilizing molecules (so-called “protection groups”) that prevent the lignin from condensing during extraction.
- Shuai et al., Science, vol. 354, num. 6310, p. 329-333, 2016. Formaldehyde stabilization facilitates lignin monomer production during biomass depolymerization.
- Lan et al., Angew Chem, vol. 57, num. 5, p. 1356-1360, 2018. Protection Group Effects During α,γ-Diol Lignin Stabilization Promote High-Selectivity Monomer Production.
- Questell-Santiago et al., Nature Chemistry, 10, 12, 1222-1228, 2018. Carbohydrate stabilization extends the kinetic limits of chemical polysaccharide depolymerization.
- Amiri et al., Nature Protocols, 14, 921-954, 2019. Fractionation of lignocellulosic biomass to produce uncondensed aldehyde-stabilized lignin.
- Héroguel et al., ACS Sustainable Chem. Eng. 2019, 7, 20, 16952-16958. Catalyst support and solvent effects during lignin depolymerization and hydrodeoxygenation.